Let’s Talk Pour-Over.
It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s delicious.
We at Primo LOVE the pour-over brewing method. We carry all the equipment and filters you need to brew yourself the perfect cup at home or work. Follow these easy steps to brew like a pro:
1) Grind coffee to the consistency of table salt–use 2 Tbsp for every 6oz of water (24 grams per 12oz cup)
2) Using hot water, rinse filter and preheat your mug. Dump rinse water.
3) Dispense freshly ground coffee into filter and shake to settle. Create a small indent in center of filter.
4) Pour just enough water to saturate coffee.
5) Let the coffee bloom for 30 seconds, then slowly pour into center of the grounds in a circular motion. Try to keep the water level fairly consistent.
*Some tips for perfect brewing*
-Use a swan-neck tea kettle to achieve a slow, consistent pour (we love the Hario Buono Kettle–Primo carries this!)
-If your brew time is much under 3 minutes, try a finer grind; if it’s over 4 minutes, try a coarser grind.
-A good sign of an even extraction is a flat bed of finished grounds.